Nelson Sulouff has written a book about the Sulouff Family, and still does a wonderful job of maintaining all of the research on this line, so up until now, I really haven't bothered to add any of that info to my files. The gap is bothering me, so I will now go through and add this line as well. :-)
To read more about the earliest Sulouff's in America, See Nelson's website here:
Anna Margaretha Spahr
John Sulouff 1792-1859
Anna Nancy Bender
John Edmund Sulouff 1850-1935
Hannah Amanda Conrad
George Emery Sulouff 1904-1987
Elizabeth Jane Witmer
1416 E. Mule Train Drive
Oro Valley AZ 85737-8834
Family Name: sulouff
Contributor Name: Rev. Nelson R. Sulouff
Street: 1416 E. Mule Train Drive
City, State: Oro Valley, AZ
Additional Family Information
(1) Forefather of SULOUFFs is Johannes ZULAUF (b. 2/26/1755 Oberbreidenbach, Hessen-Oberhessen, Germany- d. 5/23/1838 Milford Twp., Juniata Co. PA). Johannes was baptized at Oberbreidenbach Evangelical (Lutheran) 2/28/1755. He arrived with Hessian troops at Staten Island NY 8/15/1776, married 3/28/1783 Zion German Reformed (Spies), Alsace Twp., Berks Co. to Anna Margaretha Spahr (b. 1/26/1769 Exeter Twp., Berks Co., d. 6/4/1841 Milford Twp., Juniata Co. PA). In 1802 Johannes & Margaret Zulauf, with their nine children, helped to establish the German Lutheran Congregation of the Tuscarora Valley, the first Lutheran Church in Juniata Valley, locally called "Old Church Hill" or "Rice's" Lutheran, where they were members until their deaths. Most of their children and grandchildren were members at Rice's Church. Both Johannes & Margaret are buried Old Church Hill Cemetery, Port Royal (Juniata) PA.
(2) John ZULAUF (changed to SULOUFF) (b. 1/4/1792 Newberry Twp., York Co. PA- d. 9/28/1859 Milford Twp., Juniata Co. PA), m. Anna Nancy Bender (b. 2/18/1795 Mannheim Twp., Lancaster Co. PA, bp. German Reformed 9/16/1797, d. 2/27/1861 Milford Twp., Juniata PA). John and Nancy were lifelong members of Old Church Hill Lutheran, Port Royal PA, and both are buried in that church's cemetery.
(3) Jacob SULOUFF b. 3/27/1818 Milford Twp. (then Mifflin) PA- d. 3/7/1885 Turbett Twp. (Juniata) PA, m. Lydia Burns (11/29/1827 in then Union Co. PA- 3/16/1907 Cocolamus (Juniata) PA. Jacob & Lydia are buried at East Salem (Juniata) PA but graves are unlocated.
(4) John Edmund SULOUFF (7/16/1850 Cocolamus (Juniata) PA- 11/5/1935 Lewistown (Mifflin) PA), m-1 Emaline Basom (1/3/1852- 8/18/1872), m-2 Hannah Amanda Conrad (4/18/1855- 11/8/1930), both bu. Mt Rock Cemetery, Lewistown (Mifflin) PA.
(5) Lucian Hardin SULOUFF b. 11/2/1876 Cocolamus (Juniata) PA, bp. Trinity Lutheran, Point Twp. PA 4/2/1899, d. 4/22/1959 Point Twp. (Northumberland) PA, m. Dora Edna Geise b. 1/15/1879, bp. German Reformed 10/26/1879, d. 9/25/1939 Northumberland PA. Lucian and Dora were both members of Trinity Lutheran, Point Twp. PA from their marriage until their deaths, and are bu. Riverview Cemetery, Northumberland (North'd) PA.
(6) William Raymond SULOUFF (10/28/1903- 3/23/1993) m. Dorothy Mae Eister b. 10/1/1908, bp. 1/25/1909 Zion Lutheran, Sunbury PA, d. 1/28/1977 Danville (Montour) PA. William and Dorothy were members Trinity Lutheran, Point Twp. (North'd) PA from their marriage to their deaths, and both are bu. Riverview Cemetery, Northumberland (North'd) PA.
(7) Submitter Rev. Nelson Raymond SULOUFF (2/24/1929 Sunbury (North'd) PA- ), ordained Central PA Synod, ULCA April 1959, retired November 1989.