The Truckenmiller Mill Dam in 1910
Daniel Vincent, from
Essexcounty, , built a mill on New Jersey
Warrior run, one of the first mills in the northern part of the county.
This was a log building, and was replaced in 1792 by a stone structure.
The Truckenmiller mill and the old
mill, also on Warrior run, Wilson
were established at a later date. Alexander Guffy had a distillery in
operation prior to 1800, and several establishments of a similar
character have since been conducted by different individuals. An
equally important industry was the ashery of a Mr. Harrison, where
potash, soda, and other products of ashes were manufactured. The
proprietor opened a road from his establishment to the Susquehanna
river; it received the name of "the Potash road," which still retains
local significance. In recent years a tannery was operated by Jacob
Stitzel, but at the present time, so far as the industrial interests of
the township are concerned,
is best described as an agricultural Delaware
CHAPTER 32 - Pages 752-764
Q:341 Rec 29 Apr 1811: Jacob TRUCKENMILLER purchased mill from David Hunter & his wife Issabella 25 Apr 1811, both of Turbot Twp. Land situated on Warrior Run in Turbot Twp. Land recovered in Court of Commons by Alexander Stephan 03 Jan 1797, a parcel of 300+ acres, land formerly owned by Wm. Shae, Evan Rive Evans? Book K p.319 : 06 Apr /30 Jan 1805? Judgement was not settle the Shireff sold to David Hants Deed Book N:239 Evan Rice Evans & David Watts 08 June 1810, granted to David Hunter Book Q:140 Jacob TRUCKENMILLER paid $11054.50. Land by Evan R. Evans & David Watts, John Quigly, David W. Knight, Hezehial Morris, Henry Thunchweiler, John Cathcarts, Containing 239 Acres 145 perches. Witness" Isaac Vincent & David Rittenhouse. Northumberland County, Pa.