Lycoming County Pa
Columbia County PA
Montour County Pa
Northumberland County Pa
Snyder County PA
Union County Pa
- Google Your Ancestor - you may be surprised by how much turns up in a google search. Just remember that everything posted on the internet is not true - even when it comes to genealogy.
- Family Search is a free source for records - https://familysearch.org/
- Check Find A Grave. www.findagrave.com
- Check the 1880 Census. It is free, either through Ancestry (with the free membership) or through https://familysearch.org/
- Did your ancestor die between 1906 & 1936? Then their death certificate may tell you who their parents were. Or, the death certificates of the children might give you the mothers maiden name. Pa Death Certificate Index Search
- PA Wills & Probate Records - https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=8802
- Facebook Groups - There are groups for genealogy by County for most counties. For example, Snyder County Pa Genealogy. And there are groups for many surnames. Such as The Wertman Family
- Ancestry.com - Just remember you are looking for RECORDS on ancestry, not family trees. More than half the family trees on ancestry.com are incorrect. Use them to look for records, but do not blindly copy someone else's tree.
- Historical & Genealogical Societies. It's amazing how much information these societies have stored. Often they have binders of research from others, or filing cabinets full of research on surnames, family history books that are long out of print... so much is still not online, it's WELL worth the trip to the genealogy libraries in the areas your ancestors lived!
- With Your Ancestors! Visit the great grandparents, great aunts, distant cousins.. write down everything they can tell you about your family. Scan all of their photos. Share everything you can, with your other family members, and hopefully that will inspire them to pull out the old photos and share those with you, along with their memories and stories.
- DAR Patriot Index Search - http://services.dar.org/public/dar_research/search/?Tab_ID=1&Action=Refine
- War Of 1812 Pension Application Files - http://go.fold3.com/1812pensions/
- Record of Pensioners (those collecting a pension) from the 1840 census - http://www.us-roots.org/colonialamerica/census/1840/
German Naming Patterns & Customs
A Fun Resource: