Saturday, April 10, 2010

Surname Saturday

It's Surname Saturday on twitter - use the #surname hashtag to participate.


I'm  stumped on the Lumbard line.  Believe Josiah is the name of the father of Joseph, based on another researcher telling me that is what it says on his birth certificate.  I need to get a copy of the birth certificate.  Joseph Asher Lumbard, B: 1844 in Selinsgrove Pa, D: Dec 1915, M: Sarah Ethel Scharf. http://heathersgen.blogspot.com/p/lumbard-joseph-asher.html

On our Oberdorf line, Uncle Paul emailed me to say he has the genealogy all the way back to Germany???  I must get a copy, I still do not know who the father of John Christian Oberdorf is.  I want to add a page to my blog on the Oberdorf line that I know for sure so far.  http://heathersgen.blogspot.com/search/label/Oberdorf

For our Confer line i need to ask a cousin, on facebook, if she sent the copies from the family bible yet.  I can't believe I connected with a cousin on facebook who has the family bible! http://heathersgen.blogspot.com/p/ive-connected-with-cousins-on-facebook.html

There is still a pile of newspaper clippings here from Dan's Grammie Smith that I have not yet "placed", scanned, and filed.  I also have Grammie's cookbook to finish scanning.  There is a Smith ancestor still living that I'd like to go visit, need to talk to my mil and see if she would like to make the trip with us.  One one line (yes, two Smith lines for us) I am stuck on John Schmidt/Smith born 1796 in Lehigh Co?  http://heathersgen.blogspot.com/p/schmidt.html 
 on the other line I am stuck at 
Charles Smith-1 was born on 08 May 1835 in Pennsylvania. He died on 06 Aug 1894 in Anthony Twp, Montour Co, Pa. He married Sarah Ann "Sallie" Hagerman on 25 Dec 1860 in Trinity United Church of Christ, Turbotville, Northumberland Co.,, daughter of Mahlon Hagerman and Catherine Weidman. She was born on 22 Aug 1839 in Pennsylvania. She died on 23 Oct 1920 in Montour Co, Pennsylvania.

Aunt Betty has more information on the Brown line, I need to go see her too!
I also want to add a page of Brown info to my blog

No progress at all on our Aikey line.
Lewis Aikey 1789-1862

Our Truckenmiller line 



No comments:

Post a Comment